Sunday, April 12, 2009

Out and about..


Cassie and I havent done much lately. April lies. First its warm, then its snowing. Then it was so nice yesterday..too bad I had to work. Today is Easter, and its cold. COLD! So Cassie and I went out for our walk, cold or not. We were at the boat launch in town and she spotted one of the towns many, many attempts to keep the geese population down. Its the silhouette of a GSD. Well, my bright girl thought this was a real dog. And she begged and begged to go and see it. We got there, and she realized it was a fake. She freaked. Started running around in mad circles, bawking at the leash..the whole deal. I even offered up some cookies to make her calm down. Did not work. Eventually I made her sit, stay and then as a reward we left. We then walked about a mile around town, and she enjoyed that. She even got to meet a dog named Riley, who I think was overwhelmed with her energy.


Overall, things are good with Cassie. On the 27th dog classes start. Cassie will be taking an intermediate beginners class, and Im pretty excited for it. Hopefully, by this time next year, Cassie will have her Rally Novice title. Thats the goal. Im going to train hard with her this summer, and then put her in the Plattsburgh fun match, for Rally and Pre Novice obed. If she does well, then hopefully we will go on to a Rally comp. in VT. Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog! I also have a collie ( rough coat ) We have just had our 4th basic obedience class. She ( Raja) seems to be doing pretty good at class but her stays and downs are much better at home! I would like her to be able to get her CGC also, and rally and agility look fun too! I just started my blog and will have a picture of Raja on soon. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete